There may be instances when you can no longer log into the Bullish exchange because your registered device, (e.g. your computer, tablet, or smartphone), is lost or no longer recognizes the built-in biometric authentication, (e.g. fingerprint or facial recognition).
If this is the case, you will need to recover your account, just like you would when resetting your 6-digit login PIN. However, note that Bullish does not support biometric authentication with Windows Hello for computers running the Windows 10 or 11 OS. Windows customers will need to use a hardware security key to authenticate.
To troubleshoot and reset your biometric authentication:
- Go to the Bullish exchange and choose Log In.
- Enter your email address on the login screen.
- Check your email for the log in confirmation and choose Log in. This will take you to the 6-digit PIN login screen.
- Choose Recover under Trouble logging in?
- Choose Recover Account.
- Answer the security question.
- Choose Register Device Key as your recovery option.
- Choose Begin Account Recovery.
- Enter your 6-digit PIN, register your new biometric authentication, and choose Continue.
- Perform WebAuthn to complete the process.