Note: Bullish does not support biometric authentication with Windows Hello for computers running the Windows 10 or 11 OS. Windows customers will need to use a hardware security key to authenticate.
There may be instances when you can no longer log into the Bullish exchange because your registered device, (e.g. your computer, tablet, or smartphone), is lost or no longer recognizes the built-in biometric authentication, (e.g. fingerprint or facial recognition).
If this is the case, you will need to recover your account, just like you would when resetting your 6-digit PIN.
Note: Resetting your biometric authentication will only work on a device linked to your Bullish account. You will not be able to log in with an unregistered device. Learn more about adding a new device.
To troubleshoot and reset your biometric authentication:
- Go to the Bullish exchange and choose Log In.
- Enter your email address on the login screen.
- Check your email for the log in confirmation and choose Log in. This will take you to the 6-digit PIN login screen.
- Choose Recover next to Trouble logging in?
- Choose Recover Account.
- Answer the security question.
- Choose Register Device Key as your recovery option.
- Choose Begin Account Recovery.
- Choose a unique name for your device key and choose Continue.
- Enter your 6-digit PIN and choose Confirm.
- Choose Continue if you wish to register your built-in biometrics. Otherwise, choose Try another way and choose USB security key to register your external hardware security key.
- Perform WebAuthn to complete the process.