There may be instances when you can no longer log into the Bullish exchange because your registered passkey, (e.g. your computer, tablet, or smartphone), is lost or no longer recognizes the built-in biometric authentication, (e.g. fingerprint or facial recognition).
If this is the case, you will need to recover your account, just like you would when resetting your 6-digit Bullish PIN.
To troubleshoot and reset your biometric authentication:
- Go to the Bullish exchange and choose Log In.
- Enter your email address on the login screen.
- Check your email for the log in confirmation and choose Log in. This will take you to the 6-digit Bullish PIN login screen.
- Choose Recover next to Trouble logging in?
- Choose Recover Account.
- Answer the security question.
- Choose Register Passkey as your recovery option.
- Choose Begin Account Recovery.
- Choose a unique name for your new passkey and choose Continue.
- Enter your 6-digit Bullish PIN and choose Confirm.
- Choose Continue if you wish to register your built-in biometrics. Otherwise, choose Try another way and choose USB security key to register your external hardware security key.
- Perform WebAuthn to complete the process.